15 June 2012

Deborah Lippmann - Stairway To Heaven

Back in May, when I finally finished my University course, I decided to treat myself to a couple of Deborah Lippmann nail polishes. I often admire Lippmann's polishes when I spot them as I think there are some absolutely stunning shades. Not to mention the variety of glitter polishes that are also available (do I need to mention that I absolutely love glitter!?). 
One of the polishes that I picked up, if you hadn't already guessed from the title, was Stairway to Heaven. 

I'd describe this shade as an off white cream with various pieces of glitter in it. The Lippmann site describes this shade as "iridescent icicle glitter' which I think is quite a nice, fitting description. 

{Love the bottle shape! I think the name Stairway to Heaven really suits this shade}
The polish itself is quite thick and easy to apply giving a lovely glossy finish. Although the shade in the bottle looks like an off white cream, when on the nails this shade is a lot more subtle, almost clear looking. The colour once on the nails is a 'your nails but better' shade. It's very natural looking and I think compliments the glitter.  

The first coat gives a nice sparse layer of polish and glitter, however two coats gives a more even and fuller finish in terms of glitter distribution. There is plenty of glitter in this polish which is great, however the first coat at times doesn't always give an even glitter distribution on the nails. Although I found it easy enough to even the glitter out onto the nail without messing up the application via the brush. 


I absolutely love the pieces of glitter in this polish. There are a few hexagon shaped pieces and a few smaller square pieces. I love that the pieces are iridescent, in different lights the colour of the glitter almost changes. So when moving your fingers around you can catch bits of baby blue, light green, purple and pink coming from the glitter - huge fan of this. 

{Two coats. Ring finger is Stairway to Heaven painted over Ciate's Bon Bon}
Like many other glitter polishes Stairway to Heaven can look lovely on its own or layered over a bright or subtle shade. Unfortunately the above picture doesn't really give the finish justice, as it didn't quite capture all of the pieces of glitter that was actually on my nails - due to the iridescent pieces of glitter and me not having the best camera! However I did find some amazing swatches on Temptalia's blog, click HERE to check them out!

Overall I'm pretty impressed with this nail polish. I have tried and own a variety of different types of glitter nail polishes and don't feel that I own one that matches this - dupe/quality wise. Although the price tag seems pretty ridiculous I have to admit for a glitter junkie like me I will definitely be getting my moneys worth out of it. One of the reasons why I chose this shade was that I hadn't really spotted anything else quite like it. 

Deborah Lippmann's polishes can be purchased online or in House of Fraser. Polishes retail at around £16. Lippmann collection site; HERE

Have you tried any of Lippmann's polishes? I would love to hear what you think of them.


7 comments:

  1. I've still never tried any Deborah Lippmann polishes which is a bit of a crime, but then again they are pretty damn expensive! Love the look of this one on you though!

    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow, that is honestly so pretty! although I am slightly put off of Deborah Lipman because of the prices!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big pieces of glitter!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and love it, and agree the name is so fitting :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried Deborah Lippman nailpolishes :( i think they're a little bit overpriced for nailpolishes, but still i wanna try them! :)
    Glitter is gorgeous & this one is pretty, i think maybe 2 or 3 coats would look amazing on it's own. x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...