11 July 2012

June Favourites | 12

So here we are - July. June has been pretty eventful for me and I do have a lovely little handful of favourite's for you all today. Apologies for the delayed favourites this month!


Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Foundation
I'm a bit of a Clinique fan when it comes to skin care and foundation. The previous foundation I was using was Cliniques - almost makeup (which I loved). The foundation was lovely and lightweight but after using it all up I decided to go for something which offered a bit more coverage - the repairwear laser focus foundation. This foundation is also nice and lightweight, it blends easily, offers a nice medium coverage and fits my skin tone perfectly. This foundation also offers SPF coverage. I love the finish of this, it isn't at all cakey. It gives a nice smooth, slightly dewy finish. I also quite like the bottle although due to there being no pump I think I'm going to struggle to get all of the product out towards the end.

GOSH - Velvet Touch Eye Liner in Truly Brown 
I haven't actually tried many products from GOSH but after swatching a few of their eye liners I fell in love. They feel so so soft on the skin when applying. I've been using this brown eye liner smudged lightly around the eyes for a softer smoky look and I love it. The shade is warm but adds definition to my eyes. I can't fault this eye liner - it stays put, it feels lovely and soft when applying (so no tugging and scratching which is the worst!). GOSH products can be purchased in Superdrug stores. 

Aapri Exfoliating Scrub Cream 
I love this stuff. I've had this for months now and use it around once a week for a good ol' exfoliation. It's lasted me fairly well. This exfoliating scrub cream is formulated with natural apricot exfoliants so it smells like, well, apricots (adore the smell). It is what it says really - a cream with lots of little bits which help to exfoliate and cleanse the skin. This isn't the most gentle product that I have ever used for exfoliating but it doesn't irritate the skin and leaves my face feeling really clean, revived and soft after use. It may be a bit harsh for those with sensitive skin, but for me it gets the job done a lot better than many other products that I've tried. I thought I'd include it this month as I've just started including this again into my skin care routine... after briefly losing it :)

Deborah Lippmann - Stairway To Heaven 
I did a blog post on this here. This has to be one of the prettiest nail polishes that I've ever owned. It's a really gorgeous shade which I love the look of on my nails. I've been wearing this on it's own, two coats - I love it. 

N-Spa Body Scrub - Raspberry Milkshake 
I picked up a few of these from Asda as they are so affordable. I haven't tried these before but thought I'd give them a try. They all smell fantastic! Raspberry milkshake smells fruity, sweet and fresh, but not at all sickly.  I'm really enjoying using this product it's lovely and refreshing on the skin. I normally slather this on when in the shower then rinse off, it gives my body a lovely light exfoliation.

Stephenie Meyer - The Host 
The Host is a science fiction/romance novel which to begin with I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first picked this up. I decided to give it a try at the end of May and within a few weeks I'd finished it, it didn't long at all for me to get sucked into it.  It's quite different to anything I've read before and definitely something that I could really picture being in a film... so I was pretty pleased when I spotted that it is in fact in production to be released next year! If you didn't know, although I'm sure that many people do, Stephenie Meyer is the author of the twilight saga books.

Music - always a favourite, but more specifically in the month of June I've been loving the following; Trey Songz - Heart Attack, Lawson - When She Was Mine, Paloma Faith - Picking Up The Pieces, B.o.B ft. Taylor Swift - Both Of Us and Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up.
What were your June favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...