22 October 2012

Balmi Lip Balm

I am a lip balm obsessive. I always struggle to resist picking up new lip balms - particularly those that are new or that I haven't spotted before. That is why it took me less than five seconds to spot Balmi in Boots and sling it in to my shopping basket. I hadn't heard anything about these lip balms prior to picking this up so had no idea what to expect. Although to be honest, I was expecting it to be a bit of a disappointment. Only because I have discovered how difficult it can be to grab a decent lip balm that actually does its job.
Anyway I picked up a Balmi - in Raspberry for just under £5 in Boots (for around 10g of lipbalm). The packaging and product is different to the standard lip balm tubes or little pots. Balmi is actually the size and shape of a bouncy ball and includes a little chain which you could easily attach to your keys. The product twists open to reveal a ball of lip balm. You can hold the bottom of the product and just apply the lip balm directly to your lips or you could use your finger. Due to the size of the lip balm ball it feels that it's not only going to go on to your lips but all around your lips - and on to your face. But this isn't actually the case.
The lip balm is actually quite moisturising and soft on the lips and also contains SPF 15 which is great. It isn't like some lip balms which are too dry or just sit on the lips doing nothing. Once applied your lips have a slightly clear glossy finish on the lips which I like. I also like the quantity of lip balm that is available as well as the quirky packaging. The lip balm itself smells gorgeous - like sweet raspberries. Overall I do like this product and was surprised by the quality. But as nice as it is, in my personal opinion I believe that there are other lip balms that work a lot better for me, so this isn't going to be a lip balm favourite for me. But I think this product is nice in itself. I do love that you have the option to attach Balmi to your keys as sometimes things can get lost in the bottom of your bag, so at least with Balmi you'll never lose it.

Have you tried Balmi yet? What are your favourite lip balms?

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the EOS lip balms which I love!! I will definitely have to try this out! :)
    You have a lovely blog!

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of EOS lip balms, I haven't tried them myself. Yes try it out they're really handy :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...