27 June 2013

In A Nutshell

So the last month or so has been pretty hectic for me - a good hectic though. I've really missed taking the time out to mooch around the blogging world so I'm happy I've taken some time out this afternoon to write a little post. I thought I'd do a little update type post today. I can be a bit nosey and lifestyle posts like these are definitely my favourite to read and to write :)

At the start of June I went away with some of my family for a couple of weeks in Italy. I had an amazing time and enjoyed every minute of it. We travelled around and visited some beautiful places, it was a lovely adventure and I have lots of great memories from my time away. Once I'm feeling a bit more organised, and have sorted through the hundreds of photos, I'll be doing a post on my time away and sharing some of the pictures with you all. 

I've been back home just over two weeks now and aside from getting back to work, I've been trying to sort out various bits and bobs that I've been meaning to do for a couple of months now. Funny how time away can refresh your batteries and give you that bit of motivation! But in a nutshell here are some of the things that I've been up to, apart from the above of course.

Watching: Mainly Buffy. Netflix has given me the excuse to get comfy with a hot drink, relax and watch old TV programmes that remind me of my childhood/teen years. This morning I did just that.

Listening: Rudimental and Icona Pop - I Love It.

Reading: A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire. A friend that I work with has been in the process of reading the AGOT books. I've recently heard a lot of talk about the TV series aswell. I downloaded the first book on to my kindle at the start of the month and started reading it on the plane. I didn't think it would be my kind of thing but it really sucks you in. I've been enjoying reading this book!

Eating: Wraps, fruit and salads. In Italy I consumed a lot of pasta, pizza, paninis and ice cream. Makes me hungry just thinking about it..

Seeing: Family, and the boyfriend. I was off work last weekend so after being away on holiday it was lovely to have the weekend catching up with him. On the Saturday we visited a few little villages around the countryside nearby. It was nice - we strolled around, stopped and had a delicious pub lunch and just enjoyed each others company. 

Debating: On whether or not to start a particular course in September. It's something I know I need to do but it comes with lots of little decisions, planning... and of course saving. 

Well that roughly concludes the month of June for me! This coming weekend is full of long shifts at work for me, but whatever you're all doing I hope you all have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...