11 March 2012

This Weeks Favourite's

I've been a bit absent recently... busy busy busy! My dissertation deadline is looming so I've been spending all my time working on that. It's been a pretty stressful week to be honest and it's looking like next week will be just the same. But I do try to take some time out here and there (it's not good to overdo it). So here I am, taking my mind off of my work and thought I'd do a little weekly favourites post. 

  • 'Grey's Anatomy' - One of my favourite TV series. I have five of the series on DVD and I have watched them all but fancied revisiting it. At the end of a stressful day I've made a point of watching a few episodes a night. I've started from the very first series and am working my way through (whilst getting my boyfriend hooked on it too). 
  • River Island - During the week I had a little trip to the shops and ended up spending more than what I probably should have! I blame River Island and all the stress of my work :) They had some really cute little dress/tops and they were only £20. Perfect for Summer days or teamed with some skinny jeans or leggings for a night out.  I'm loving all the spring & summer bits. Roll on the Summer.
  • Organics GinZing Eye Cream - I purchased this a few weeks ago (will probably post a review soon) and have been using this every morning. It's very refreshing and moisturising. Bit of a hefty price tag which is the only downfall. 
  • Tiny Tower - A really annoyingly addictive app for the Iphone. I keep popping on to it throughout the day... I think I ought to delete. If you don't know about it, it's a tower that you can gradually build by opening different types of  stores, earn money and move little people in to. 
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush - Another recent purchase is the buffing brush which is becoming quite popular. I've heard lots about this and liked the look of it so I purchased the Core Collection and gave it a go. I use it for applying liquid foundation and it's replaced my other foundation brush. It gives a lovely flawless finish, the brush is soft and makes applying foundation so much easier. I love it. If anyone is interested these brushes can be purchased in Boots and online.
  • 'Sophie's World' by Jostein Gaarder - I've had this book on my shelf for literally about 4 years. It was a birthday present which I began reading but for some reason put down and never went back to. After finishing 'One Day' I wanted something else to read. I'm only a chapter in so far but I can tell this book is going to be a thought provoking one. It's a story which raises philosophical questions about the meaning of life. It's quite different to the books that I have read in the past so I'm looking forward to it.
  • A slightly random one now -  Häagen-Dazs ice cream. I spotted some little tubs of these in Tesco for £1 each. I grabbed a few flavours as I've never tried their ice creams before. I'm normally a Ben&Jerry's type of girl. For a £1 for a taster sized tub I thought it was a great chance to try them out. I picked up 'Praline and Cream', 'Strawberry Cheesecake' and 'Baileys'. I can't begin to explain how YUMMY the 'Praline and Cream' one was. It was so creamy and had swirls of toffee in it. I will definitely be buying their ice creams again. If you haven't tried it... you should!

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...