29 July 2013

Revlon - Girly


This particular nail polish has been sat in my stash for a couple of months now, to the point that I actually forget I even had it. But I reached for it this morning when deciding what to put on my nails! I'm drawn to a bit of sparkle and glitter and this polish is no exception. It's a light lilac, slightly pink nail polish which has small pieces of glitter and slightly bigger hexagonal pieces of glitter, suspended within the polish. The colours of the glitter really work well with the polish shade - there's bits of purple, pink, lilac and blue glitter in there.


I applied one coat of a clear gloss to my nails before applying a single coat of Girly. I would say that the nail polish colour itself was quite sheer which was slightly dissapointing, although I think with more coats the lilac/pink shade should be a bit more prominent. I think it may also work better with a purple or pink nail varnish base. I was really impressed with the glitter pay off with just one coat. This nail polish is packed with it but at just the right amount. In some cases I had to place it a little, but I found that just brushing over the nail a couple more times evened out the glitter, and gave me the finish I was after. I found I managed to get quite an equal amount of glitter with each of my nails, without much effort at all. A couple more coats would easily pack the nails full of glitter.
I found the finish looked really glossy, although the base coat I applied definitely helped. I think its a gorgeous polish and looks really sweet and girly once on the nails. I really do love the mix of colours on the glitter pieces and how they compliment one another! 

So what do you think? Have you tried Revlon's - Girly yet?

1 comment:

  1. This Revlon Nail Polish looks really pretty in the bottle and on your nails, after reading your blog post I think I might have to go and purchase Revlon's- Girly. I bet this glittery polish would look great as an accent nail, seen as it has different glitter pieces. I can't wait to try it out!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...