23 July 2013

The Little Things

{This picture was taken yesterday, in Devon. It was quite a long drive away but nice to visit somewhere different}

-Sunshine. I can't believe how lovely the weather has been, and that we've actually been having a proper summer. It's been pretty consistent over the last couple of weeks so I've loved sitting out in the garden in the late evenings, having the odd BBQ and swapping jeans and cardigans for dresses and sun tan lotion.


-Cold showers. After a few long and hot days at work it's been nice to come home and have a cold shower! So refreshing after feeling all hot and bothered.


-Vimto ice lollies.


-Sitting out in the garden with a cold drink and a good book.


-Trips to the beach. They're not that close to home - so although it can be a bit of a drive away it's always nice to be by the sea.


-Buying a handful of new Yankee Candles. I got a little bit excited when I saw that a load of the little jars were reduced, as well as 3 for 2!


-Minimising my stash of beauty bits. It feels good decluttering and I don't like having too much of the same kind of stuff, especially when it feels like I don't get around to using a majority of it. It should teach me really for being so easily tempted when I'm out shopping! I gave a few bits to a couple of friends who seemed genuinely pleased...definitely makes it worth it.


-Watching Buffy. I used to watch the odd episode years ago, so when deciding what TV programme to get in to next, I settled with this one. I'm so glad I did as I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently on the fifth series, I think there's another two left! It's nice being able to watch it from start to finish.


-Receiving the sweetest text from my best mate. Unexpected things like this make me smile :)


-Getting the boyfriend in to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I have the boxset and was horrified to discover that he's only ever watched a handful of episodes. We've been watching a couple of episodes each night now and I can tell he loves it!


-Talking of the boyfriend - he got me this beautiful little heart ring from Pandora which I was planning on treating myself to. I absolutely adore it, he's so thoughtful.


What's been making you lovely lot smile recently?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...