20 August 2012

One Of Those Days...

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to post on some of the things I do when I'm having a pretty crappy day (and/or) week. Lets face it we all have one of those days every now and then, where everything seems a bit much and you end up feeling fed up or exhausted or just pretty low. The start of August was slightly stressful for me so I've had a few of these days recently. When I do have one of those days there are normally a few things that I do when I am feeling stressed/exhausted or fed up. 


{Image: My Own -Pixlromatic app for edits}

  • Run a hot bubble bath. This is definitely the first thing I do. Having a relaxing warm bath always makes me feel a little bit more relaxed, pampered and happier. It's also nice to just get into the bathroom, lock the door and have that little bit of time to yourself. Lush products normally make it that little bit better :)
  • If I've got home and I'm just feeling pretty rubbish or exhausted I normally just drop everything get into some comfy pyjamas and take it easy. Sometimes this isn't always possible, but when I can I will do this. There's been a few times where I've had bits to do but sometimes you have to accept that you're probably not going to get much done and you should allow yourself time to chill out even if it is just for a few hours or the night.
  • The comfy pyjamas goes hand in hand with climbing into bed or onto the sofa and just watching something that I know might cheer me up a little. Lighthearted TV such as 'How I Met Your Mother' (love this!), 'Family Guy' or good old 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S'. 
  • If I've retreated into my bedroom for the evening I will always light a few candles and my Yankee tart burner to add a lovely scent to my room. There's something quite peaceful about having the lights off/low and a few candles lit. Simple but effective. 
  • Music - I absolutely love my music. Sometimes playing a bit of music or just flicking through iTunes just helps distract me and lift my mood slightly. Musics great like that... something for every mood.
  • Browsing through blogs. I love reading through different blogs, some blogs can be quite uplifting and motivating. A lot of blogs can offer me a nice distraction which is always good.
  • Finally these things always help make things a little bit better; ice cream, cuddles with my beautiful pets, chocolate, family/friends/boyfriend, face mask, retail therapy, a good book.

So there you have it, of course most of the time these things don't fix my mood... sometimes there are just days were you can't shake it off, and that's absolutely fine. It's those types of days were you just have to accept how you're feeling and take it easy if you can. But the things I have mentioned definitely help me unwind that little bit more and can offer me a bit of a distraction from a dreary day.

1 comment:

  1. Getting in the tub always helps me out! So peaceful & relaxing!
    But what helps me out too is my cat & my friends!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...